This set of 52 wooden Affirmation Character Coins / Virtue Coins will help you focus on the virtues you want to develop in yourself and in your children.
- Choose one a week to meditate on, and carry it with you all day.
- Or use them as gifts for classes or workshops, or as rewards for for children for practicing positive qualities.
- Pull two out of the drawstring bag they come in, and meditate on the relationship between them.
- Think of a challenge you are facing, pull one from the bag, and meditate on how it might help solve your problem.
- Look up their meaning on the accompanying list of definitions, or research them yourself.
- If you set a goal of giving away the coins to people who you see practicing the virtue, then you will get in the habit of looking for good qualities in others and identifying virtues when you see them.
- Whether it is one coin per day or one per week, you will find yourself falling in love with these qualities and the people who practice them.
- Put a “take what you need” sign up, with a bowl or envelope filled with coins somewhere that your neighbors or coworkers can walk by. (This also works with virtue cards or even just slips of paper – see photo.)
The virtues are presented on the coins as affirmations, similar to the ones in our popular Virtues Affirmation Coloring Books. For example, instead of just saying “kind,” the coin has a round design with the words “I feel kind because I am kind” around the edge. This reinforces the understanding that the virtues we experience make us feel better about ourselves, and that emotions and virtues are related.
The virtues are divided into four loose categories that are color-coded. This gives you greater insight into the different ways we apply virtues, and also allows the coins to be used to separate gatherings of people into smaller groupings.
The 1.5″ round wooden coins are big enough to make them easy to read. They are comfortable to carry and feel good in your hand. Because you can carry them with you in your pocket every day wherever you go, they are physical focal points and powerful reminders of the meaning and importance of virtues.
Here are the virtues included by category:
How we act in relation to others
Confident Connected Cooperative Dependable Empowered Generous Helpful Honest Playful Principled Responsible Trustworthy Tactful
How We Think
Creative Curious Expressive Fair-minded Intuitive Perceptive Resilient Sincere Wise Decisive Organized Brave Independent
How We Feel about Ourselves and the World
Beautiful Blessed Hopeful Inspired Joyful Lovable Mindful Open Serene Worthy Self-Aware Atrong Secure
How We Feel towards Others
Compassionate Forgiving Friendly Kind Loving Loyal Nurturing Optimistic Patient Peaceful Thoughtful Thankful Reverent
There are no reviews yet.